Las Vegas, NV – September 12, 2016 – Highlighting a significant milestone in expanding its content portfolio to include new slot games that incorporate popular entertainment brands, Everi Holdings Inc. (NYSE: EVRI) (“Everi” or the “Company”), the casino gaming industry’s single source provider of gaming products and payments solutions, today announced that it will debut seven new games based on powerful licensed brands at the 16th annual Global Gaming Expo (G2E®). The new license-based games debuting at G2E 2016 are Penn & Teller™, Casablanca™, and Fruit Ninja™ along with four popular DreamWorks Classics™ brands – Underdog™, Richie Rich™, Casper the Friendly Ghost™ and Hot Stuff, the Little Devil™. Everi’s newest games will debut on a variety of gaming platforms including two games debuting on the Company’s new Empire MPX™ cabinet representing its first-ever wide-area progressive (“WAP”) offerings for Class II games. Everi will showcase these new games in Booth #1116 at the G2E 2016 show which takes place on September 27-29 at the Sands Expo Center in Las Vegas.
Empire MPX Premium Participation Cabinet Debuts with Two Licensed Titles
At G2E 2016, Everi will debut its Penn & Teller and Casablanca themed games on the new Empire MPX premium participation cabinet. Both games will be offered as WAP games for Class II markets (the Company’s first ever WAP games) and as premium daily lease fee games with a local-area progressive top prize for Class III markets. Empire MPX offers casino operators the flexibility to “nest” the cabinets in several different bank configurations, allowing for more cabinets in a dedicated space. The Empire MPX also features a 40-inch full HD display, game-controlled lighting with backlight feature, and a new ergonomic LCD button deck with the Company’s award-winning Everi Bet™ wager configuration feature, and two USB phone or media device recharge docks. In addition, Everi’s new Empire MPX includes two overhead spotlight features and the availability of a 65-inch full HD overhead Foundation™ sign.
Leveraging the unique characteristics of the Empire MPX cabinet to bring the Penn & Teller and Casablanca brands to life, Everi’s newest games feature iconic entertainment elements that truly elevate the exciting slot game play.
- Penn & Teller: The new Penn & Teller 5×5 reel array video slot game is based on the unique entertainment of the two cultural icons who, for over four decades, have created magical experiences infused with comedy to entertain fans around the world and the new game captures the spirit of these Las Vegas legends in this truly special game. Penn & Teller is packed with eight exciting bonus features including a Class II Wide Area Progressive. To support the launch of the new game, Penn & Teller will visit Everi’s booth on the G2E show floor on September 27 for their slot machine’s official ribbon-cutting ceremony.
- Casablanca: Based on the 1942 timeless American romantic drama film which ranks second on the American Film Institute’s 100 Greatest American Movies of All Time list, Casablanca is a five-reel, 40-line, video game with multiple exciting bonus features, including the Rick’s Café bonus featuring the classic song, “As Time Goes By.” Perfectly capturing the timeless chemistry between Rick Blaine (Humphrey Bogart) and Ilsa Lund (Ingrid Bergman), the new Casablanca slot game brings the romance and adventure of Rick’s Café Americain to life on casino floors.
Two Ways to Enjoy Fruit Ninja with Skill-based Gaming
Fruit Ninja, one of the most popular casual social games of all-time, will debut at G2E 2016 with two exciting offerings from Everi that feature unique skill-based game play. Since taking over the social games scene in April 2010, Fruit Ninja is the #2 most downloaded game on the iOS App Store with over 1 billion downloads across all platforms, bringing its exciting and frenzied brand of interactive fruit slicing entertainment to millions of players around the world. Everi will debut the following Fruit Ninja-based games at G2E 2016:
- Fruit Ninja: Juicy Jackpots is a standalone premium participation game leveraging the Company’s popular High Rise® gaming cabinet. A five-reel, 40-line, video game, Fruit Ninja: Juicy Jackpots boasts four bonus features that capture the excitement and appeal of the popular brand. The Fruit Ninja Arcade Bonus round offers skill-based gaming entertainment elements as players slice fruit using the game’s unique Swipe Touch technology while operators are given the flexibility to set the skill level.
- Fruit Ninja for TournEvent: The debut of Fruit Ninja on TournEvent® represents one of the many new features for the Company’s award-winning slot tournament solution. This skill-based feature takes TournEvent, the industry-favorite system which has completely reinvented the slot tournament, to the next level.
Four New Games Based on Timeless Characters from the DreamWorks Classics Library
Some of the most popular iconic characters are part of the DreamWorks Classics family and Everi will debut at G2E 2016 four new games based on these timeless classics:
- Underdog: From the popular cartoon series, Underdog comes to life on casino floors in a new five-reel, 27-line, video game. Featured on Everi’s recently introduced Core HDX™ cabinet or on the Company’s popular Player HD® cabinet.
- Casper the Friendly Ghost has been entertaining fans around the world since his introduction in the 1930s. Now Casper will haunt slot floors in a new game from Everi available on either the Core HDX or Player HD.
- A new addition to Everi’s High Rise Games series is Richie Rich. Based on the “poor little rich boy” first introduced in 1953, this five-reel video game features an 8-tier progressive and multiple bonus features.
- Smokin’ Hot Stuff debuts at G2E 2016 as the first-ever licensed game for Everi’s three-reel mechanical Skyline® series. Based on the classic Harvey comic character, Hot Stuff the Little Devil, who debuted in 1957, Smokin’ Hot Stuff is a 6-tier progressive game that leverages the unique features of the nearly seven foot tall Skyline cabinet – including unique game controlled lighting which completely surrounds a vertically-oriented 24-inch LCD display.
“Developing new slot games that leverage the player-appealing entertainment of popular brands is one of our top priorities,” said Michael Rumbolz, President and Chief Executive Officer of Everi. “The seven new games debuting at G2E 2016 clearly demonstrate the phenomenal work of our game design teams as they have fully captured the timeless entertainment value of these distinct brands in combination with unique technology innovations across several of our gaming platforms to create new games that we expect will appeal to a broad array of slot players. These new branded games represent Everi’s entry into what is one of the casino slot floor’s most popular segments and we are excited by the prospects for our long-term success in this market. In addition, we believe our growing breadth of product features – including our first ever wide-area progressive offerings, skill-based gaming offerings, and branded mechanical reel content – will further help our customers increase player engagement and time on device.”
Penn & Teller: TM and © Buggs & Rudy Discount Corp. Used under license. All rights reserved.
Casablanca: CASABLANCA and all related characters and elements © & ™ Turner Entertainment Co. (s16)
Fruit Ninja: TM and © Halfbrick Studios. Used under license. All rights reserved.
Casper the Friendly Ghost, Hot Stuff the Little Devil, Richie Rich and Underdog © 2016 Classic Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
About Everi Holdings
Everi Holdings is dedicated to providing video and mechanical reel gaming content and technology solutions, integrated gaming payments solutions and compliance and efficiency software. The Company’s Games business provides: (a) comprehensive content, electronic gaming units and systems for Native American and commercial casinos, including the award winning TournEvent® slot tournament solution; and (b) the central determinant system for the video lottery terminals installed at racetracks in the State of New York. The Company’s Payments business provides: (a) access to cash at gaming facilities via Automated Teller Machine cash withdrawals, credit card cash access transactions, point of sale debit card transactions, and check verification and warranty services; (b) fully integrated gaming industry kiosks that provide cash access and related services; (c) products and services that improve credit decision making, automate cashier operations and enhance patron marketing activities for gaming establishments; (d) compliance, audit and data solutions; and (e) online payment processing solutions for gaming operators in states that offer intrastate, Internet-based gaming and lottery activities.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This press release contains “forward-looking statements” as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements often address our expected future business, plans, objectives and financial performance, and often contain words such as “goal,” “target,” “future,” “estimate,” “expect,” “anticipate,” “intend,” “plan,” “believe,” “seek,” “project,” “may,” “should,” or “will” and similar expressions to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected or assumed, including, but not limited to, the risks identified in the “Risk Factors,” “Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations” and “Business” sections of our Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2015, as applicable, and the other risks identified from time to time in our other press releases, reports and filings with the SEC. If any of our projections or assumptions prove to be incorrect, our actual results and the timing of certain events could differ materially from the forward-looking statements.
VP, Marketing & Promotions, Everi
512-334-7627 or email@example.com
Richard Land, James Leahy
212-835-8500 or firstname.lastname@example.org